Monday, July 20, 2009

A few of my favorit summer things....


Oh, Summer days... There’s nothing like those hot days and just as hot summer nights. With the end of July fast approaching and thus the end of Summer, I started thinking about a few of my favorite Summer activities.

1. Cold Champagne. There is nothing like a nice cool glass of champagne whether it’s in a glass of OJ or just simple and by itself. It’s perfect for a nice hot afternoon with some fresh fruit, quiet jazz and a good book.

2. Summer movies in the Park. Every Monday night in my city they show a classic film in the park. This year it’s all Hitchcock. Get there a little early and pack a small picnic with some wine and great cheese. Include some card games and hang out with friends and family or make it a romantic night for two. When it gets dark the classics start and carry you away to another time…

3. Lounging in my Hammock. I live in the city in a brownstone up on the second floor. I do have a small deck were I have a mosaic table and the Summer hammock. During the day I make sun tea and when I come home from work just kick back and listen to the sounds of the city with a glass of iced sun tea.

4. Swimming in anything... I prefer the ocean, but seeing as I don't live on the coast (it would be a bit of a drive to get out there), I have to settle for cool lakes, hot springs and sometimes a nice cold pool.

5. Summer cocktails. I love a good Mojito, Tom Collins or Gin and Tonic. Or my favorite; Watermelon with Vodka and mint. Mmmm....

6. Cook outs and BBQ's I love getting together with friends and family and throwing some fish and veggies on the grill and having a good time.

So those are some of my favorite Summer things... what are yours? What is summer all about for you? What is the one thing you look forward to each Summer?


Please, do share.

Happy summer days!

Cheers,

Sassi

1 comment:

Lynette Elisabeth Sieger said...

In the summertime I love lunching at outdoor cafes, reading with my feet in the water {memory grove and the university of utah fountains when I am in Salt Lake City, still need to explore NYC sites}, swimming, bright orange nail polish, mojitos, and farmer's markets! I fantasize about a road trip with the girls!