Sunday, May 1, 2011

On a train bound for nowhere....


With all the many songs from my childhood that have to do with train rides, mostly Simon and Garfunkel and of course the Gambler by Kenny Rogers, I figured it was time to take a train trip. So bound to visit the family in Salt Like City, I boarded my first Amtrak train.

Great views, okay food and lots of time to read. I was loving it! But I did go couch and not in a sleeper so about 3 hours in, the seat was uncomfortable. Tried to nap but could not get quite comfortable enough. So I was up reading from 7:05am to 3:05am. With small intermissions of trying to sleep and the water on trains is not so great.

But I did enjoy myself and the people were really nice and friendly and gave us great historic tips along the way. Now have a list of things that can make my next train trip a bit more comfortable and a sleeper is a must!

As my friend said "Train trips are relaxing and nostalgic with a great view"

Below are some pictures... Hello SLC.

Cheers,

Sassi








No comments: