Monday, June 15, 2009

The :( face break up


This story starts out with a girl and a boy who meet and fall madly in...well like. Fire works and all. Then one day the boy breaks up with the girl over a frowny face… yes a frowny face. But I am getting ahead of my own story… so let’s start at the beginning.

It all began about 2 months ago. Me and some girl friends headed out to San Diego for an all girls weekend for a friends birthday. We flew in, picked up the car and head to the most amazing house we would be staying in. It had everything. Pool, hot tub, two blocks way from the beach and we stocked it full of drinks for the weekend. Our first night we go out for a fun filled night of drinking and fish tacos.

Needless to say the next day we were all in need of some coffee. So we headed to a Starbucks (I prefer the small local companies but my hangover would not allow me to be picky). One of the girls had a friend who was going to meet us there (lets call him Mr. X) and from the time Mr. X walked in it was an intense made connection, more so in the physical sense then any other at this point (and when I say physical I mean I wanted to rip is cloths off of him right now in the Starbucks coffee line and have my way with him). Needless to say social protocol stopped that from happening. However, Mr. X did join us a few more times on our fun filled girl’s weekend. And by the time we left we all had some great stories, inside jokes and great conversation behind us, he even asked for my phone number.

When I got home I started packing for my next trip to Texas, as I was repacking I get a text message from Mr. X. That one text message started a whole two month long relationship of text everyday, phone calls almost every night and planned trips to see each other (he even had changed an airplane ticket so he could see me) and the words that everyone waits to hear, “I love you”. It was perfect! I was in long distance relationship bliss.

Well one morning around 9 am I sent Mr. X a text, saying good morning. He did not respond and I thought nothing of this because he was on a road trip. Then at about 5 pm when I got off of work I texted him again, I wanted to talk to him. No response. So at 10:30 pm I gave it one more try and just texted “ :(” of doom. This pissed him off because he finds :( so irritating. Mind you I did not know they did. I told him that’s all he need to say, I didn’t know they bugged him and I would not use them anymore but he didn’t have to be such a jerk about a :(. At this he said “your gone” yes “your gone”. This was the end of our nearly perfect two and a half month relationship. I :( and your gone.

So how about it? What do you all think? Would you ever break up with someone because of a frowny face or something as inconsequential? Has anyone broken up with you because of something you did that you didn’t know was a big deal? What bazaar break up stories do you have? Please share so I know I am not crazy ;)

Cheers my dears,
Sassi :(

No comments: