Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wedding hair- the side bun


The side bun. Made popular by Michelle Williams at the 2006 Oscars (pictured left). And in more resent years has taken off and can be seen at almost any red carpet event in Hollywood.

Its a classic throw back to the 1920's and 30's that made a brief come back in the 1970's and I for one I am glad that this look is once again back in fashion. Its classic, simple, easy and can be dressed up or down. Braided or messy or simply straight and pulled back. Its a hair style anyone can do and you cant go wrong.

My sister who will be getting married this Sunday has decided that she would like to wear her hair in a side bun on her big day and when I found out that I would get to do her hair, I was ecstatic! Not only do I love the look but it is really fun to do and way easy (not to mention that is always turns out looking great so I cant be blamed for bad hair on wedding pictures). Also anytime I wear this look myself, the complements are endless! Since she will already look fabulous on her big day, why not add one more thing people can complement her on?!

So how about it? Do you like this look? Have you tried the side bun yourself? What are some of the comments you have gotten if you have? Would you wear this for your wedding day?


Let me know and I will let you know how her big day goes!


Cheers my dears,


Sassi

No comments: