Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sassi's Big day in the Bi....uh...Little Berkeley


So, because it was a great rainy day I could not stay indoors and thought I should go out and explore the area of downtown Berkeley. Its a great eclectic town full of restaurants, book stores and some great little shops along the way.




First I stopped at place called Crepevine. There I had fresh squeezed orange juice, a Greek omelette and a cup of coffee. Yum. It was so good. I feel I have ended up in food heaven which means I will have to do a lot more walking! But more on that in my next food post. :)




Then I headed down the street and stepped into this boutique called SALA. It reminded me a lot of a Paris boutique that Kiki and I stepped into when we were there last fall. It is owned by a lovely women from south America who lived in Paris for a while! We started talking and she invited me to drinks and fashion event tonight and said I can call her anytime for advice on where to go and what to do (I think I made a friend :)).




After getting her number and accepting her invitation tonight, I left and headed out to find Trader Joe's and I got lost. So I took myself on an accidental tour of all of Berkeley, which was nice to see. So many small streets that reminded me of Europe.






Then I found Trader Joe's and while they do have lots of good foods and good prices, I found they did not have much in the way of gluten free... but that was okay. I bought my provisions for the week and headed home.


Now time for a small nap and then getting ready for tonight... oh what should I wear!



Cheers!

Sassi

1 comment:

Lynette Elisabeth Sieger said...

You can never go wrong with a little black dress well accessorized :)